Excerpts from published eBooks

Captain Disaster: The Dark Side of the Moon - 1 2 3
The Captain Disaster Collection - 1 2 3 4
The Mellow Hip of the Thing - 1 2 3
Captain Disaster: The Damaris Touch - 1 2
Outside, Inside - 1 2 3 4

Friday 8 September 2017

Okay... here goes, a love poem from my (tentatively planned) collection.

Where Do I Go From Here?


How do I take that small step
that seems a light-year away?
How can I make that split-second decision
that takes forever and a day?
When does a friendship
turn into a relationship?
When does someone to whom you're like a brother
suddenly turn out to be your dream-lover?
Why am I so confused,
feel so discarded and used,
broken and abused
like a plug that's been fused?
I feel untrue to myself,
not to mention to my friend...
A friendship so valuable,
I would die were it to end.
If I ever needed inspiration
then that time is now;
but even if it came, I know
I'd still be at a loss for words, somehow.
I think I just have to face the fact
that I'm really in a mess.
It's not the way I wanted things,
but I'll live with it.  (I guess.)
I've come so far, yet lost so much ground;
I don't know what to do.
The solution is somewhere lying around...
But I never thought the problem would be you.



No comments:

Post a Comment